The Best Online Customer Review Websites
We all know lots positive online customer reviews from authentic, happy customers can help boost search engine rankings and reputation, but what are the best online customer review websites for your positive review collection? Yelp is the current go-to for most local business online customer reviews, but it’s far from the only place consumers are looking – and frankly people are getting a little tired of Yelp’s dominance in online customer review websites.
Business News Daily lists seven websites other than Yelp where you can list your company, collect customer feedback, and ultimately take greater control of your business’s web presence. We’ve listed our top picks (and yes, Yelp is included).
Other online customer review websites worth mentioning:
- CitySearch – City Search is an online city guide that provides information about businesses in the categories of dining, entertainment, retail, travel, and professional services in cities throughout the United States. Visitors to each of Citysearch’s local city guides will find contact information, maps, driving directions, editorial, and online customer reviews for the businesses listed.
- Local – Find local listings of businesses and services near you. Get driving directions, online customer reviews and ratings, phone numbers, addresses and more on this listing site.
- InsiderPages – Mainly focused on rating those in the medical and health care field, Insider Pages also features online customer reviews on restaurants, beauty and home & garden.
- MerchantCircle – MerchantCircle focuses on promoting businesses by using online customer reviews via a pseudo paid advertising system. Businesses can even create their own local coupon book.
- JudysBook– Judy’s Book provides online customer review guides to users, such as “Top 10 Auto Mechanics” and so on. Businesses can create their accounts and get help with promotion and SEO.
- AngiesList – Angie’s List is a paid service for consumers to get certified, unbiased online customer reviews of local businesses. It is a large and trusted network, claiming more than one million members.
TripAdvisor.com – As the name suggest, TripAdvisor helps users filter travel destinations via user reviews. A must-know for travel businesses.
- OpenTable – Because OpenTable.com allows users to make reservations immediately, good online customer reviews on this site can help restaurants take advantage of the convenience factor.
- BBB – The Better Business Bureau is a relative newcomer to the online customer review scene but its trusted reputation makes it a must-monitor for every business.