Why it’s Important to Have Claimed Business Listings
Does Your Company Have Claimed Business Listings? Learn Why It Should.
Have you ever Googled a business and seen the words “Own this business?” underneath their address and phone number? This means the business has not claimed it’s listing. This may seem harmless enough, but these unclaimed business listings can often times lead to disaster if they are left this way. Claimed business listings are the first step to a successful online presence.
By claiming your business on a variety of targeted search engines, directories, and review websites, you:
- Protect your business listings from being the victim of “online business hijacking.”
- Potentially increase the visibility of your website in the search engines.
- Have the ability to update your listings and create a cohesive brand image.
- Have the ability to respond to reviews.
Protection from “Hijacking”
- “Hijacking” a listing happens when anyone other than a business owner or proxy claims that business listing.
- Often done by spammers, but may also be done by dissatisfied customers, disgruntled employees or unscrupulous competitors.
While most online business listing claims require a verification process, which cuts down on the possibility of just anyone coming along and claiming your business, determined individuals will not find it that difficult to work around these systems to take control of your listings.
Increase Search Engine Visibility
- By claiming your listing you are submitting an official citation about your business, which creates “off-site” sources of information about your website that the search engines find valuable.
- Most submissions allow you to include a website address which become links to your website. These links can help increase the search engine rank of your website.
Create Cohesive Brand Image
- Claiming your listings gives you the ability to update them by adding a logo and images
- Ensure the information presented about your business is correct, including name, address & phone number
Respond to Reviews
- You must claim your listings and create a business account to respond to customer reviews.
Claimed business listings are important in this digital era. Not only does it show your customers that you care about your business, but it also gives you control of your business and protects from spammers. To learn more about unclaimed and claimed business listings, give the digital marketing experts at Premier Business Advantage a call today!